From: € 35
Duration: 8 hours
Route: Pamukkale, Hierapolis, Karahayit
Highlights: Pamukkale travertines, Hierapolis, Cleopatra pool, Apollon Temple, Necropolis, The Red Water
Pamukkale Tour Details
Pamukkale meaning Cotton Castle in Turkish is a small region in the Denizli city. That name comes from the natural wonder that lies here. Hot springs, crystal white travertines, ancient ruins, temples and antique cities is what you can expect to find here. As soon as you arrive you will see exactly why this is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Turkey. Countless people have been visiting the pools of Pamukkale to enjoy its beauty and healing waters for thousands of years.
You will get to visit many ancient ruins such as Necropolis, Amphitheater, Temple of Apollo, Roman Baths, Domitian Gate, Agora and so much more. Especially Cleopatra pool in Hierapolis provides a unique experience to those who wish to enjoy the warm water among the ancient columns.
Hierapolis was quite a popular city during Hellenistic period and as excavations kept on a lot of historical facts were unearthed. Today we know that noble and rich people of old times had been coming to Hierapolis to spend their last days in this peaceful city while treating their health problems with healing waters of Pamukkale. Also a temple built in the name of Apostle Philip (or Philip the Evangelist, it is not clear) is sited on the hill over Pamukkale.
Pamukkale Tour Program
- You will be picked up from your hotel at about 09:30.
- First stop is the Red Water of Karahayit.
- Then you will be visiting Hierapolis antique city and see the key locations including the Necropolis, Amphitheater and Cleopatra Pool.
- After the Hierapolis tour you will have a lunch in a local restaurant and enjoy some free time.
- The last is a walk down through the travertine pools of Pamukkale and enjoy its warm water.
- You will be taken back to your hotel at about 16:00.