From: € 45
Duration: 7 hours
Route: Pamukkale, Hierapolis, Laodicea
Highlights: Pamukkale travertines, Hierapolis, Necropolis, Apollon Temple, Amphitheater, Zeus Temple, Odeon, Caracalla Fountain
Pamukkale & Laodicea Tour Details
Pamukkale meaning Cotton Castle in Turkish is a small region in the Denizli city. That name comes from the natural wonder that lies here. Hot springs, crystal white travertines, ancient ruins, temples and antique cities is what you can expect to find here. As soon as you arrive you will see exactly why this is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Turkey. Countless people have been visiting the pools of Pamukkale to enjoy its beauty and healing waters for thousands of years.
You will get to visit many ancient ruins such as Necropolis, Amphitheater, Temple of Apollo, Roman Baths, Domitian Gate, Agora and so much more. Especially Cleopatra pool in Hierapolis provides a unique experience to those who wish to enjoy the warm water among the ancient columns.
Hierapolis was quite a popular city during Hellenistic period and as excavations kept on a lot of historical facts were unearthed. Today we know that noble and rich people of old times had been coming to Hierapolis to spend their last days in this peaceful city while treating their health problems with healing waters of Pamukkale. Also a temple built in the name of Apostle Philip (or Philip the Evangelist, it is not clear) is sited on the hill over Pamukkale.
Laodicea (or Laodikeia), named after King Antiochus wife was a very wealthy city where large money transactions took place as well as an extensive trade in black wool and other textiles and is named in the Book of Revelations as one of the Seven Churches of Asia. The existing remains of Laodicea are proof of the greatness the city once had, Buildings in the city included a stadium, baths, temples, sculptures, a gymnasium, theaters and a bouleuterion.
Pamukkale & Laodicea Tour Program
- You will be picked up from your hotel at about 09:00.
- First stop is the Hierapolis antique city. You will visit the key locations including the Necropolis and Amphitheater. Later is a walk down through the travertine pools of Pamukkale and enjoy its warm water.
- After the Pamukkale tour, you will have a lunch in a local Turkish restaurant.
- Next you will be visiting the ancient city of Laodicea. This tour includes Zeus Temple, Theater, Church, Monumental Fountain, Odeon, The Empire Cult, Caracalla Fountain, Syria Avenue, Gymnasium and Stadium.
- At the end of the tour you will be taken back to your hotel at about 16:00.